On the cruising website "noonsite.com" you are able to inform yourself of the new restrictions due to Covid 19 each country advises private yachts to follow. The below mentioned extractions are taken from "noonsite".
24 March, 2020:
- Ports of entry are now closed and visiting yachts will be turned away.
- Transiting through the Bahamas also prohibited by private yacht.
- No inter-island by private yacht permitted.
- Airports closed to international flights.
- Mandatory curfew 9pm to 5am until March 31, unless it is extended.
- Grocery shopping and refueling are considered to be essential activities and persons engaged in those activities will be permitted to continue. The Prime Minister has also asked supermarkets to reserve the hours of 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM for seniors to shop.
27 March, 2020:
- The entire Bahamas is in lock down. Locals have been told to stay at home and social distancing is mandatory.
- Cruisers are encouraged to stay on board except for going ashore for necessities like food and fuel or medical assistance.
- If you are out after the 9 p.m – 5 a.m. curfew, the police can arrest you.